To serve the spiritual and religious needs of Catholic inmates in detention centers, county jails, federal and state prisons, as well as other inmates seeking to know about the Catholic faith and way of life. We provide this service through the chaplains and volunteers who minister in correctional facilities throughout our diocese.
When a crime is committed, it offends not only the immediate victim, but the rest of society as well. Supporting the work of faith-based rehabilitation provides those who feel powerless against crime with a practical way to do something about it. Such an approach goes to the very heart of the problem - the need for God in the lives of all who have been affected by crime. Many inmates have been abused when they were children. In turn, their victims have suffered abuse from them. In the end, the only true healing is spiritual. Only God can transform suffering into victory as He did for Jesus.
(Source: Dismas Ministry)
Prisons We Serve
State, County and Federal prisons and jails served by the Diocese of Fort Worth.
- James V. Allred.Unit, Iowa Park
- Bridgeport Pre-parole Transfer Center, Bridgeport
- Bridgeport Correctional Center, Bridgeport
- Sanders Estes Unit, Venus
- John R. Lindsey State Jail, Jacksboro
- Walker Sayle Unit, Breckinridge
- Tarrant County Jail:
- Tarrant County Corrections Center, Fort Worth
- Lon Evans Correction Center, Fort Worth
- Green Bay Unit, Fort Worth
- Cold Springs Unit, Fort Worth
- FMC Carswell, Fort Worth
- FMC Fort Worth, Fort Worth
- Gainesville State School, Gainesville
- McFadden Ranch, Roanoke
City and County jails throughout the Diocese are served by clergy and volunteers from the parishes located nearest to them. To find a parish near you, click here.
Rev. Richard Collins
Deacon Don Warner
Director of Chaplaincy
Deacon Bruce Corbett
Prison Chaplain Coordinator
The Diocese of Fort Worth is dedicated to a Safe Environment. We offer extensive and mandatory training for all employees and volunteers. Please contact the Safe Environment office if you need assistance or to report an abuse or concern.
Broken link or website issue?