Missionary Cooperation Plan
The goal of inviting missionaries into the Missionary Cooperation Plan (MCP) is basic evangelization— that is why we were founded; that is what we do best.
At times, we may depart from this most basic tenet, emphasizing instead what are and should be the goals of social service, humanitarian relief, community development, peace and justice, and/or building construction specialists/agencies. All of these needs in the Missions are very genuine, but we are about evangelization, first and foremost. Our goal is to spread the “Good News” of Jesus Christ to those who are waiting to hear about Him. There are still many areas of the world where His name has never been heard or His saving presence in the Eucharist has never been witnessed. The MCP ultimately exists to support these basic evangelization works around the world.
Some examples of basic evangelization support include:
- the training of priests and seminarians as the formators in the faith,
- as well as of catechists and pre-evangelization teams;
- the placement of clergy, Religious and catechists in “bush” settings;
- the building of humble chaplets where the first celebration of the Eucharist might take place;
- the support of basic outreach programs for catechizing the local population.
The deadline to submit an application for inclusion in Missionary Cooperation Plan (MCP) 2021 has passed.
|Online Applications Open||July 1, 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||December 1, 2021|
|Last Date for Parish(es) Assignment||March 1, 2022|
|Mission Organizations contact the Parish(es)||March 1 - April 15, 2022|
|Scheduling Appeals in the Parish(es)||June - August 2022|
Submission of an application does NOT guarantee acceptance in the MCP. Due to the high response volume of this program, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of each application. Only the organizations that have been selected for the program will receive a written response/invitation to participate. Response letters will be sent out in March for that year's MCP appeal season.
Criteria for Participation in MCP
Mission organizations wishing to apply for the MCP must meet the Diocese of Fort Worth’s qualifying criteria for participation in the plan. All applicants must be one of the following:
- A recognized Catholic missionary society in good standing with the United States Society for the Propagation of the Faith serving in one or more foreign countries, or,
- A recognized Catholic missionary society in good standing with the United States Society for the Propagation of the Faith serving in United States dioceses designated as missionary by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Home Missions Office, or,
- A foreign (non-U.S.A.) Catholic (arch) diocese or eparchy struggling with poverty, persecution, oppression, or war.
The Diocese of Fort Worth is dedicated to a Safe Environment. We offer extensive and mandatory training for all employees and volunteers. Please contact the Safe Environment office if you need assistance or to report an abuse or concern.
Broken link or website issue?