The celebration of Confirmation draws us more deeply into God’s power and love that lives within each of us and the Church. Having first experienced the Spirit of God through Baptism, we are drawn into a deeper, more intimate relationship with God the Father through a continuing unfolding of the gifts of the Spirit which gives us strength to boldly witness for Christ.
The spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him: a spirit of wisdom and of understanding, A spirit of counsel and of strength, a spirit of knowledge and of fear of the LORD.Isaiah 11:2
Confirmation Schedule (2020)
- The Holy Bible Revised Standard Version (2nd Edition; Ignatius Press (2006) San Francisco)
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (2nd Edition; USCCB (2002) Washington D.C.)
- The Diocesan Confirmation Resource Packet (Please contact the Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministry for the link)
- The Association for Catechumenal Ministry - (www.acmrcia.org)
- Echoing the Mystery: Unlocking the Deposit of Faith in Catechesis by Barbara Morgan & Sr. Anthanasius Munroe, O.P. (Specifically chapters 27, 28, 30, and 36 within the book as it directly relates to preparation)
If there is a resource that is not on this list and you wish to use it as the main resource for confirmation preparation please contact the Department of Catechesis and Evangelization.
Please contact the Office of Liturgy & Worship for Confirmation Liturgical Guidelines.
Broken link or website issue?