We are here to serve the Deaf Community of the Diocese of Fort Worth. Please contact us with any questions.
Our goal is to provide all deaf and hard of hearing persons and their family members accessibility to the Catholic Church in order that they may worship, receive religious education, minister to others and participate in all aspects of parish life.
We work with deaf persons of all ages and backgrounds, whatever the preferred mode of communication or educational needs. Our programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of deaf persons and offer these in both a mainstreamed and self-contained setting.
- September 4 – Deaf Community Mass, St. Rita in Fort Worth
- October 2 – Deaf Ministry 50th Anniversary Celebration Mass with Bishop Olson, St. Patrick Cathedral (Taking the place of our Deaf Community Mass.)
- October 21-23 – Deaf Ministry Retreat, Gainesville
- November 6 – Deaf Community Mass, St. Rita in Fort Worth
- November 13 – Bowling with the Knights of Columbus, Forum Lanes in Grand Prairie
Whenever possible we strive to provide the following services and support as needed:
- Mass for the Deaf (signed and voiced by a hearing/deaf priest)
- Interpreted Mass
- Religious Education Classes
- Sacraments and Preparation
- Small Church Communities
- Retreats/Vacation Bible School
- Home/Hospital/Jail Visits
- Support Services for Counseling
- Social Gatherings and Holiday Celebrations
- Referral Information and Community Awareness
The Diocese of Fort Worth is dedicated to a Safe Environment. We offer extensive and mandatory training for all employees and volunteers. Please contact the Safe Environment office if you need assistance or to report an abuse or concern.
Broken link or website issue?