We are here to serve the Deaf Community of the Diocese of Fort Worth. Please contact us with any questions.
Our goal is to provide all deaf and hard of hearing persons and their family members accessibility to the Catholic Church in order that they may worship, receive religious education, minister to others and participate in all aspects of parish life.
We work with deaf persons of all ages and backgrounds, whatever the preferred mode of communication or educational needs. Our programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of deaf persons and offer these in both a mainstreamed and self-contained setting.
Monthly Deaf Community Mass & Socials
The Catholic Deaf Community gathers for a special community Mass on the 1st Sunday of each month at St. Rita Catholic Church in Fort Worth. Sign Choir Practice begins at 1:30 PM (Parish Hall); Mass begins at 2:00 PM (Main Church).
Whenever possible we strive to provide the following services and support as needed:
- Mass for the Deaf (signed and voiced by a hearing/deaf priest)
- Interpreted Mass
- Religious Education Classes
- Sacraments and Preparation
- Small Church Communities
- Retreats/Vacation Bible School
- Home/Hospital/Jail Visits
- Support Services for Counseling
- Social Gatherings and Holiday Celebrations
- Referral Information and Community Awareness
Coordinator of Deaf Ministry & Special Needs Services
817-945-9381, 817-591-0186 (VP)
Deacon Don Warner
Director of Chaplaincy
Broken link or website issue?