Background Image


English | Español


The Tribunal of the Diocese of Fort Worth is the office which adjudicates the marital status in the Catholic Church of any divorced person who has requested a declaration of nullity (an Annulment) of a previous marriage.

Tribunal Offices
229 Texas Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Google Map

Beginning the Process

Below are the first steps to begin the declaration of invalidity (an Annulment) process.
Click on the sections below to expand them and view more information.


Visit the Find Your Deanery Advocate page to determine, by use of the map, what Deanery your parish/church resides in. Once you have determined the correct Deanery, click on the section that applies to view more information about the Chief Advocate you need to contact. That person(s) will find you an Advocate in your parish, or the parish closest to you. The Advocate will also help you start a petition for a declaration of invalidity of your marriage(s).

With the help of your Advocate, please visit to the Application Forms page and complete the first discernment. Then, your Advocate will be able to choose the right form(s) for you to fill out and submit to the Tribunal.

If you have questions or concerns, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page to find answers to common questions regarding a declaration of invalidity.

Expand all | Collapse all

Tribunal Judges:

  • Rev. Joy Joseph, TOR, JCL
  • Rev. Anh Tran, JCL
  • Rev. Sam Ferix Antony Jesu Antony, SAC

Defender of the Bond:

  • Eduardo Huerta, JCL



Very Rev. Timothy Thompson, JCL
Judicial Vicar

Rev. Sam Ferix Antony Jesu Antony, SAC
Adjutant Judicial Vicar

Cheyenne Marrinan
Office Manager

Marisol Castrellon
Ecclesiastical Notary

Cindy Muñoz
Ecclesiastical Notary

Dagcy Castañeda
Ecclesiastical Notary

Nihil Obstat, Sanatio & Lack of Form

The Diocese of Fort Worth is dedicated to a Safe Environment. We offer extensive and mandatory training for all employees and volunteers. Please contact the Safe Environment office if you need assistance or to report an abuse or concern.

Broken link or website issue?