Year Three "Deepening Program" Information
Tuition, Fees, & Expenses
- $90 per year is the tuition for each student. (First-year students are asked to pay a $25 registration fee with their application that will be applied toward the $90 tuition. Student will be billed during the school year for their fees.)
- $90 per year is the parish sponsorship of each student.
- $320 per year is the responsibility of the Diocese of Fort Worth, paid by Annual Diocesan Appeal.
2016 - 2017 Class Schedule
The Catholic Center, Fort Worth
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
1st & 3rd Wednesdays
The Catholic Center, Fort Worth
7:00 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
Third Year Courses
- Christian leadership (3 classes)
- Apologetics (2)
- Apocalyptic literature in Scripture (2)
- Pastoral Theology (2)
- Social Ministry (2)
- Intercultural Ministry (2)
- Theology of the Eucharist (2)
- Mariology (1)
- Biblical Reflection (2)
Retreat, Seder Supper, and Pilgrimage
- In May and June of 2015 there will be retreats for all SJP2 students. The SJP2 retreat is not mandatory, but each third-year student is expected to make a retreat during the year.
- The Seder Supper provides a unique atmosphere of prayer and community. The 2015 Seder will be celebrated in English. Attendance is not required at the Seder.
- During the summer SJP2 students are invited to make a pilgrimage to a local holy place. Third-year students are encouraged to come along.
Each third year student should possess a copy of the following:
SJP2 Classes & Attendance Policy
- Classes last 150 minutes (two sessions of 75 minutes with a 15 minute break).
- Evening classes begin at 7:00 and continue until 9:45 p.m.
- Classes will normally begin with Evening Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours. Students will be asked to lead Vespers.
- Students may miss a total of four classes (12 class hours) without making up for missed work. Absence from class beyond this, however, requires participation in SJP2 Summer Cycle or the University of Dallas Ministry Conference the following October (valued at six hours of class time for each day attended).
- In case of inclement weather or some other regional emergency, participants should check their email and/or call the representative from the host parish or the SJP2 program director (415-279-9234). Winter weather advisories and warnings will likely mean a one hour delay of the beginning of class.
Assignments and evaluations
- There will be assigned readings for every class and also written homework to be done after the class.
- It is suggested that third-year students keep their homework in a journal during the Year of Deepening.
SJP2 offers a program of classes and workshops during June for all interested, whether or not registered with SJP2. The objectives of the Summer Cycle are to offer ministers opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills and to provide opportunity for SJP2 students to complete the basic requirements of their program. Summer Cycle information may be obtained on the diocesan website.
CONNECT and other social media
CONNECT is the mechanism for SJP2 students to retrieve documents and information for their use. SJP2 now uses Facebook to communicate news to students.
Click here to login to CONNECT
[ back to top ]