September 14, 2017
The Red Mass Committee of Fort Worth cordially invites all attorneys, judges, public officials, and their families and staffs to attend the Red Mass on Thursday, September 28, at 6:00 PM at St. Patrick Cathedral in downtown Fort Worth. This year's guest homilist and speaker is the Most Reverend William E. Lori, Archbishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore.
A reception and guest lecture will immediately follow Mass at the Saint Patrick Parish Center adjacent to the Cathedral. Heavy hors d'oeuvres and beverages will be served at the reception. There is no cost to attend the Mass or the reception, but we gratefully accept donations to underwrite the event.
New Diocesan Website
Attention Parish Business Managers / Webmasters
On Friday, September 1st the Diocese of Fort Worth launched its new fully responsive website. Due to the redesign, we would like to ask parishes to please check their websites for any links directed to the diocesan website. It is very likely the page you are directing parishioners to has changed, resulting in a broken link error. To fix this, the parish webmaster should visit www.fwdioc.org and grab the correct path/link.
Cristo y Tú invites you to a Spiritual Retreat in Spanish, "La Fe y la Humildad de Maria" for single and married individuals over 18 years old. It will be held at the Formation Center on October 1, 2017 from 8am to 5pm. For more details please click below:
Advancing the Mission Newsletter
The Advancement Foundation Team is excited to reveal our newly redesigned newsletter – Advancing the Mission (formerly At-A-Glance).
Advancing the Mission Newsletter (September)
Diocesan Annual Appeal Commitment
Over the next few weeks, parishioners throughout the Diocese will be asked to contribute to the Annual Diocesan Appeal with the goal of contributing for the common good. Below are links to announcements in English and Spanish that should be reproduced in parish bulletins at the appropriate time.
Statement on the Rescinding of DACA & Immigration Reform
Bishop Olson has issued a statement on the rescinding of the DACA program and the need for comprehensive immigration reform which is posted on the diocesan website, while Catholic Charities has provided information on how it can assist young persons affected by DACA.
The diocesan statement is available below via link. Feel free to post or link to the statement to your website, to reproduce it in your parish bulletin or to distribute it in a manner appropriate to your parish. Also feel free to do the same with the Catholic Charities update on how it is prepared to assist persons affected by DACA and how we as parishioners can help. It is also available below by link.
St. Andrew’s Breakfast
September 16, 2017
Our first St. Andrew's Breakfast for this fall will be on Saturday morning September 16, 2017 at St. Patrick Cathedral at 8:00 AM. The day will begin with Mass at the Cathedral followed by breakfast in the Cathedral Annex Building. We encourage young men in high school and college to attend. RSVPs can be given to the Vocations Office by email at or by calling 817-945-9321.
Natural Family Planning Teacher Training
The Diocese of Fort Worth is hosting a Billings Ovulation Method teacher training from Friday, October 6th through Sunday, October 8th at the University of Dallas in Irving. If you currently use the Billings method and have thought about becoming an instructor in the past, please contact Sue Ek at the number listed on the flyer.
Revisions to 2018-2019 Special Collection Calendar
The Special Collection Dates for 2018 have been modified to allow the Diocese of Fort Worth to participate in the national collection for the Solidarity Fund for Africa. According to a statement from the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops, “The critical challenges and enormous potential facing Africa today serve as the opportunity for --and test of-- our mutual solidarity. Our response to this vocation of solidarity with the Church and peoples of Africa enables us to express love 'in deed and in truth' (1 John 3:18), a love that creates no borders and sets no limits to what might be accomplished together in Christ."
Seminarian Daily Prayer List
We invite everyone to pray for our seminarians this year. Attached please find the 2017-2018 Seminarian Daily Prayer List. For any additional information please contact the
Rachel Ministry Retreat
Rachel Ministries is offering a weekend retreat for healing after abortion in English on September 15-17. For contact information please click below:
Retiro de Ministerios Raquel
6-8 de Octubre
Ministerios Raquel ofrece su retiro de fin semana en Español para sanación después del aborto del 6-8 de octubre. Para más información haga clic en siguiente:
Parish Missioners Day of Reflection
Parish Missioners Day of Reflection (September 30th) has been cancelled due to too many parish conflicts that the Diocesan Mission Council was unaware of. Please discontinue any bulletin/pulpit announcements and replace them with a cancellation notice. For any question please contact , Director, Diocesan Office of Pontifical Missions, 817-945-9365.
Religious Education Classes for the Deaf
Does your Deaf or hard of hearing child need Religious Education? The Deaf Ministry Program offers religious education classes taught in Sign Language by hearing adults familiar with Deaf Culture and also Deaf adults. Classes start in September on Wednesday evenings at St. John the Apostle Catholic Church. Please contact for more information. Office phone 817-945-9381.
Beginning Experience Retreat for Separated, Divorced or Widowed individuals It is a weekend program to help move from the darkness of grief into the light of a NEW beginning of hope for the future, rooted in the Catholic tradition, open to men and women of all faiths. The next weekend retreat will be held Oct, 20-22, 2017. To register please call (682) 233-3946, or e-mail . Additional information can be found at www.beginningexperiencedfw.org
St. Junipero Serra Institute
The St. John Paul Institute has transition into the St. Junipero Serra Institute as the diocesan formation ministry to prepare the adult laity to be effective witnesses of the Gospel within their parish communities.
One of the main tenets of the St. Junipero Serra Institute will be to assist the laity in developing and forming a mature faith that is rooted in sacred Tradition and sacred Scripture and affirmed through the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Paola Quintero-Araújo, director of Faith Formation, is serving as the new director of the Institute.
Classes in English will be held at St. Joseph Parish in Arlington on Monday's from 7 PM - 9 PM.
Instituto St. Junípero Serra
El Instituto San Juan Pablo II ha hecho la transición al Instituto San Junípero Serra como el ministerio de formación Diocesana para preparar a los laicos adultos para ser testigos efectivos del Evangelio dentro de sus comunidades parroquiales des del 1 de Julio, 2017.
Uno de los principales postulados del Instituto San Junípero Serra será ayudar a los laicos en el desarrollo y formación de una fe madura que está enraizada en la Sagrada Escritura y la Sagrada Tradición y afirmada por el Catecismo de la Iglesia Católica.
Paola Quintero-Araújo, la nueva directora del Instituto.
Las clases en Español serán en la Parroquia de San Pedro el Apostole en Fort Worth los sábados de 10am a 12pm.
Las inscripciones ya están abiertas: Haga clic aquí para registrarse
Annual Diocesan Appeal Newsletter
Please take a few minutes to review our September newsletter Faith Hope Charity (formerly ADA Update). Learn about the ministries that will benefit from this year’s Appeal, as well as our early progress toward reaching our goal of $3.3 million from 22,000 families. Thank you for all that you do to support the Annual Diocesan Appeal.
Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House Retreats
Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House, 600 N. Shady Shores Drive, Lake Dallas, continues to offer retreats for men and women. Relax and take time for yourself, be renewed and draw closer to God at a serene setting located on Lake Lewisville. To register please go to: www.montserratretreat.org and click "upcoming retreats".
Catholic Charities: What's Happening
News from Catholic Charities Fort Worth.
Bulletin Inserts Links
St. Junipero Serra Institute: Registration is now open: Register Now
Instituto St. Junípero Serra: Las inscripciones ya están abiertas: Registro
Montserrat Retreat House Upcoming Retreats:
Diocesan Firearms and Weapons Policy:
Diocesan Employment Opportunities
Full-Time: View full-time jobs
- Parish Business Manager, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Keller
- Director of Music Ministries, Good Shepherd Parish, Colleyville
- Director of Religious Education, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Parish, Keller
- Director of Children's Catechesis, Diocese of Fort Worth, Catholic Center
- Director of Admissions, Cristo Rey High School, Fort Worth
- Assistant Principal, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- Coordinator of Children's Religious Education, St. John the Apostle Parish, N. Richland Hills
- Front Desk Receptionist, Diocese of Fort Worth, Catholic Center
- Coaching Positions, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Coordinator of Children's Formation, Holy Family Catholic Parish, Fort Worth
- Director of Development, Cassata High School, Fort Worth
- Principal, Cristo Rey High School, Fort Worth
- Coordinator of Youth Ministry, St. Andrew Parish, Fort Worth
Part-Time: View part-time jobs
- Facility Maintenance, St. Joseph Parish, Arlington
- Classroom Assistant (Art Class), St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Director of Religious Education, Holy Redeemer Catholic Parish, Aledo
- Music Teacher, St. John the Apostle Catholic School, North Richland Hills
- Spanish Teacher, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Spanish Teacher, Our Lady of Victory Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Assistant Organist, St. Phillip the Apostle Parish, Lewisville
- Media Specialist / Librarian, St. Maria Goretti Catholic School, Arlington
- Music Teacher & Performance Coordinator, St. Maria Goretti Catholic School, Arlington
- Preschool Teacher / Substitutes, St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Arlington
- Extended Day Aide, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Extended Care Worker, St. George School, Fort Worth
- Spanish Teacher, Holy Family Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Assistant Director of Junior and High school Faith Formation, St. Jude Catholic School, Mansfield
- Assistant Choir Director, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Keller
- Bookkeeper, St. Maria Goretti Catholic School, Arlington
- After School Care Worker, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Frisco/Prosper
- Maintenance Worker, St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church & School, Arlington
- Director of Youth Evangelization, Holy Redeemer Parish, Aledo
- After School Care Worker, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Substitute Teachers, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Bus Driver, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Bookkeeper, Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Fort Worth
- Deaf Ministry Interpreters Needed, Diocese of Fort Worth
The Diocesan Electronic Calendar is a listing of major events and activities at the Diocese as well as in parishes and schools. Parishes and schools may submit information that may be of interest to individuals outside of a parish or school for inclusion on the diocesan electronic calendar with a hotlink to details if appropriate.
El Calendario de la Diócesis
El Calendario Electrónico de la Diócesis es una lista de los principales eventos y actividades en la Diócesis, así como en las parroquias y las escuelas. Las parroquias y las escuelas podrán presentar información que pueda ser de interés para las personas fuera de la parroquia o de la escuela para que se pueda incluir en el calendario electrónico de la Diócesis con un enlace directo a la información, si procede.