April 26, 2018
April Is Child Abuse Prevention Month
April 29 - National Blue Sunday
A Day of Prayer for Abused Children and Those Who Rescue Them!
April is national child abuse prevention month. Creating a safe environment for children and youth is a priority for Bishop Olson. He strongly encourages every parish, school, and apostolate to participate in highlighting the importance of protecting minors and reaching out to those who have been victims of sexual abuse.
Blue Sunday Child Abuse Prevention is a project designed to raise awareness about child abuse, child sexual abuse and prevention. The Blue Sunday movement was founded in 1996, in Texas, as a non-profit organization working to promote prevention efforts in churches nationwide. The goal was to bring together Child Protection Services and faith communities to impact this issue.
Please participate with us throughout the month of April to highlight the diocese’s commitment to ensuring the safety of children and young people and providing pastoral outreach to victims and survivors of abuse. Click here to find all resources and additional suggestions.
Parish Operating Grants
Fiscal Year 2019 Parish Grant Applications Due Tuesday, May 1
The deadline to submit an operating grant request for your rural or needy parish is TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2018. Information and applications are available below. The Diocesan Pastoral Finance Committee (DPFC) will review and make recommendations for approval to the Advancement Foundation Board of Directors. The Advancement Foundation Board of Directors will approve the grants on May 17 at its next scheduled meeting. Whether you are approved or not, you will receive a notification letter in June. Approved grant disbursements will be in twelve equal payments beginning July 1, 2018. Funds for these grants are made possible by contributions to the Annual Diocesan Appeal. Please call Paula Parrish at 817.945.9440 if you have any questions. The staff at the Advancement Foundation is here to serve you and your parish, so we are happy to help any way we can.
Catholic Home Missions Appeal
What Is a Home Mission Diocese?
Home mission dioceses are those dioceses in the United States and its territories and former territories that cannot provide basic pastoral services to Catholics without outside help. Basic pastoral services include Mass and the sacraments, religious education, and ministry training for priests, deacons, religious sisters and lay people. Right now, over 40 percent of dioceses are considered home missions. Help build vibrant faith communities right here by supporting the Catholic Home Missions Appeal in your parish on April 28-29 or text CHMA to 91999. For additional information, please contact , 817-945-9441.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter
The Diocese’s program to building better marriage is coordinated by Worldwide Marriage Encounter.
Information from Worldwide Marriage Encounter coordinators is available for parishes to inform couples of upcoming Encounter events. Feel free to include this valuable information in your bulletins.
Evangelization and Catechesis Course
St. Junipero Serra Institute
St. Junipero Serra institute will be offering an Evangelization and Catechesis course for four weeks starting May 7, 2018. The course will explore the relationship between Evangelization and Catechesis through a selection of catechetical Church documents that will help us understand the interconnections and complementarity of the two in the mission of the Church.
Registration is open now!
Catholic Communication Campaign
May 12-13, 2018
The Catholic Communication Campaign (CCC)on May 12/13 is a marvelous way to share the gospel message of God’s mercy and love. Pope Francis asked us last year, “to offer the people of our time storylines that are, at heart, ‘good news.’” By supporting this collection, you help to spread the Good News to people around the country and around the world. See attachments below for more details or additional information, please contact , 817-945-9441.
Sanctify Young Adult Retreat
May 11-12, 2018
Young Adult Ministry will be having a retreat titled "Sanctify" on May 11-12, 2018 at Glen Lake Camp & Retreat Center in Glen Rose, Texas. The retreat will explore ways we can sanctify ourselves and the world around us through prayer, healing, and finding our place in the mission of the Church. The cost to attend is $70 and covers presenters, lodging, materials and meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch).
This is a retreat for all Young Adults 18-35.
Natural Family Planning Training
The Diocese of Fort Worth is hosting a Billings Ovulation Method teacher training from Friday, May 11th through Sunday, May 13th at the University of Dallas in Irving. If you currently use the Billings method and have thought about helping out the diocese by becoming an instructor, please contact or by calling 972-746-5085.
St. Patrick Cathedral, Fort Worth, Saturday, May 19, 2018
With Praise and Thanksgiving to Almighty God, The Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth joyfully announces and invites you to attend the Ordination of Jonathan Michael Demma and Maurice Lawrence Moon to the Sacred Order of Presbyter through the imposition of hands and the invocation of the Holy Spirit by The Most Reverend Michael F. Olson, STD, MA, Bishop of Fort Worth, on Saturday, the nineteenth day of May in the year two thousand and eighteen at ten o’clock in the morning at St. Patrick Cathedral (1206 Throckmorton Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102).
You are cordially invited to a reception immediately following at the St. Patrick Cathedral Pastoral Center.
The Ordination Mass will be livestreamed on the Diocese website. The Mass can be viewed at our website www.fwdioc.org from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
Quo Vadis Discernment Retreat
June 5-7, 2018
We want to welcome all young men considering priesthood to Quo Vadis High School Discernment Retreat. This event will be held at Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House on 600 Shady Shores Rd., Lake Dallas, TX 75065. Parents are invited to join in for Mass and closing on June 7, 2018. Meals and lodging will be provided. Registration begins April 6, 2018 and forms will be available on the Vocations Website. You can also contact the Vocations office at 817-945-9321 or by email at for questions.
Vocations Awareness Program
University of Dallas, Irving, June 8-10, 2018
The Vocation Awareness Program is a weekend of discernment offered for single, Catholic, men and women, between the ages of 18 and 40, who wish to progress towards a religious vocation, such as Priests, Sisters, Consecrated Lay Women, or Brothers. The 2018 weekend activities will be led by the Vocation Directors/Liaisons of the Dallas and Fort Worth Dioceses, supported by a staff of priests, sisters, and other religious. The VAP weekend includes presentations, panel discussions, question and answer sessions, one-on-one personal conferences with diocesan and order Priests, Sisters, Consecrated Lay Women, and Brothers who volunteer to serve as staff. There are no fees, private rooms and meals are furnished, and no one will pressure you or seek commitment. More information regarding the VAP and the Application for weekend is available at www.vapinfo.org. Please find the attached bulletin insert to help promote this event.
For more information please contact the Vocations Office at 817-945-9321 or by email at for questions.
7 al 9 de septiembre del 2018
La Diócesis de Fort Worth ofrece retiros de enriquecimiento matrimonial en español para ayudar a que los buenos matrimonios se conviertan en grandes matrimonios. El próximo retiro de fin de semana Jornada Familiar se ha planeado del 7 al 9 de septiembre del 2018, en el Centro de Formación Diocesano, antiguo Centro de Cursillos. Puede registrarse en línea o por correo. Tenga en cuenta que los lugares son limitados y la inscripción se asigna por orden de llegada. Vive el evangelio formando de tu hogar iglesias domésticas.
The Diocese of Fort Worth offers marriage enrichment retreats in Spanish to help good marriages become great marriages. The next Jornada Familiar weekend retreat had been planned for September 7-9, 2018 at the Diocesan Formation Center, former Centro de Cursillos. You can register on line or by mail. Please note that places are limited and registration is allocated on a first come-first serve basis. Live the gospel by forming domestic churches un your home.
Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
December 9-16, 2018
You’ve been asking for it! Now it’s time to make your Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, Dec. 9-16, 2018. Explore the roots of your faith. Walk in Jesus’ footsteps. Watch your most cherished beliefs come to life! Visit Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, Cana, the Mount of Olives, Sea of Galilee, Nazareth and much more! Register with a $550 deposit. All-inclusive $3,961 each, double occupancy. Singles are $4,802. Five star hotels. Fully escorted and SAFE! Spaces are limited! First come, first served! Information Session will be on 5/3 at 7 p.m. at The Catholic Center. Visit www.advancementfoundation.org for more information, or contact at 817-945-9440.
Advancing the Mission Newsletter
Welcome to the April edition of the Advancement Foundation’s Advancing the Mission newsletter! This edition is full of information, here’s a quick sampling. Learn more about the Diocesan Travel Program’s next pilgrimage to the Holy Land and our annual Good Shepherd Sunday second collection for seminarian education. Read about making stewardship a part of your giving focus. Finally, see how your support of the Annual Diocesan Appeal is helping Catholic Charities provide valuable services to our neighbors in need.
We hope you enjoy reading this edition and, as always if you see something that you would like more information about please contact any member of the Advancement Foundation Team. May the joy of Easter be with you today and every day.
Advancing the Mission Newsletter (April)
Annual Diocesan Appeal Newsletter
Spotlight on Parish Operating Grants
Peace and blessings during this Easter season! On May 1, parishes throughout the Diocese will apply for $1 million in operating grants. These grants are possible through donations to the Annual Diocesan Appeal. Click here to read the Easter issue of Faith Hope Charity, that includes stories from several of our parishes about the difference these grants are making. The issue also provides an update on progress toward our $3.3 million goal for the Appeal and a listing of the 26 parishes that have met their goals. Less than three months remain in this year’s Annual Diocesan Appeal that not only makes parish grants possible, but also supports our seminarians, deacons, Catholic Charities, Catholic schools, prison ministry, marriage and family life programs and more.
As a reminder, you may contribute to the Annual Diocesan Appeal through payroll deduction and ensure that your parish receives credit. If you are not yet supporting the Appeal through payroll deduction, please use the information on Paycor or contact . You also may give online by clicking here, or text ADA to 91999.
Special Collection Calendar
Revisions to 2018-2019
Throughout the year, parishes throughout the Diocese of Fort Worth take up special collections to support the work of Christ in our Diocese, in the United States and throughout the world. Please give generously when these collections are announced in your parish.
Bulletin Inserts Links
Annual Diocesan Appeal Newsletter: Faith Hope Charity (April)
Advancement Foundation Newsletter: Advancing the Mission Newsletter (April)
St. Junipero Serra Institute: Flyer
Instituto St. Junípero Serra: Volante
Diocesan Firearms and Weapons Policy:
Diocesan Employment Opportunities
Full-Time: View full-time jobs
- Executive Assistant, Diocese of Fort Worth, Catholic Center
- Parish Relations Director, Catholic Charities, Fort Worth
- Principal, St. Therese Catholic School, Pueblo, CO
- Director of Music and Liturgy, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Keller
- Director of Religious Education, Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, Fort Worth
- Coordinator of Jr. High Youth Ministry, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Keller
- Parish Receptionist, St. Andrew Parish, Fort Worth
- Director of Music and Liturgy, St. Jude Parish, Mansfield
- Business Manager, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Fort Worth
- Principal, St. Maria Goretti Catholic School, Arlington
- Principal, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Principal, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Principal, St. Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Principal, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- English Language Arts Teacher, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Classroom Teachers, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Director of Development, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Music Teacher, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- English Language Arts Teacher, Saint Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Art Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Computer Science Teacher, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Early Childhood Teacher, Our Lady of Victory Catholic School, Fort Worth
- 5th/6th Grade Math Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Elementary Classroom Teachers, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School, Fort Worth
- 1st Grade Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- 4th/5th Language Arts Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Music/Art Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Math/Technology Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, Holy Family Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Middle School Teachers, Holy Family Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Science Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Mathematics Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- English Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Upper Level Mathematics Teacher/Professor, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Mathematics Teacher, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Kindergarten Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Multiple Teaching Opportunities, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- Classroom Teacher: Math, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Classroom Teacher: English Language Artse, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- College Counselor, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Certified Academic Language Therapist, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Director of Development, Cassata High School, Fort Worth
- Facility Employee, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
Part-Time: View part-time jobs
- Interpreters, Deaf Ministry, Diocese of Fort Worth
- Custodian, Sacred Heart Parish, Breckenridge
- Administrative Assistant, Good Shepherd Parish, Colleyville
- Receptionist & Bulletin Editor, St. Patrick Cathedral, Fort Worth
- Coordinator Of Adult Formation & Continuing Enrichment, St. Jude Parish, Mansfield
- Preschool Teacher, Saint Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Music Teacher, Our Lady of Victory Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Multiple Teaching Opportunities, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- School Librarian, Saint Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- School Librarian, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Elementary School Nurse, St. Joseph Catholic School, Arlington
- Extended Day Aide, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Extended Care Worker, St. George Catholic School, Fort Worth
- After School Care Worker, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Frisco/Prosper
The Diocesan Electronic Calendar is a listing of major events and activities at the Diocese as well as in parishes and schools. Parishes and schools may submit information that may be of interest to individuals outside of a parish or school for inclusion on the diocesan electronic calendar with a hotlink to details if appropriate.
El Calendario de la Diócesis
El Calendario Electrónico de la Diócesis es una lista de los principales eventos y actividades en la Diócesis, así como en las parroquias y las escuelas. Las parroquias y las escuelas podrán presentar información que pueda ser de interés para las personas fuera de la parroquia o de la escuela para que se pueda incluir en el calendario electrónico de la Diócesis con un enlace directo a la información, si procede.
For any questions or concerns about the e-Bulletin please contact the
Director of Communications, or