April 12, 2018
Gold and Silver Anniversary Mass
The annual Mass to celebrate the Gold/Silver Anniversaries of couple throughout the Diocese has been moved from its usual time in the Spring to the Fall. This year our celebration will take place on Sunday Nov. 18. Location is still to be determined.
World Youth Day Pilgrimage
All Young Adults (ages 18-39) are invited to join a group from the Diocese of Fort Worth for a World Youth Day Pilgrimage to Panama from January 17-28, 2019. We will all experience a fruitful time of prayer, the sacraments, a lot of healthy walking, sight seeing, community building amongst the group and growing in our Catholic faith! You must be 18 by the start of the pilgrimage to participate. The cost to attend is 3,850.00 and we have partial financial assistance available. There are 10 spots remaining so please register by Sunday, April 15th with Tom Centarri at or
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
Call to Prayer: April 13
April is national child abuse prevention month. Creating a safe environment for children and youth is a priority for Bishop Olson. He strongly encourages every parish, school, and apostolate to participate in highlighting the importance of protecting minors and reaching out to those who have been victims of sexual abuse.
Join the dioceses and eparchies across the United States in dedicating Friday, April 13th to prayer and sacrifice for the intention: "We pray that God may grant those affected by abuse in any way the courage to tell their story and seek healing."
Please participate with us throughout the month of April to highlight the diocese’s commitment to ensuring the safety of children and young people and providing pastoral outreach to victims and survivors of abuse. Click here to find all resources and additional suggestions.
The Seminarian Education Fund
Good Shepherd Sunday Collection, April 21-22, 2018
As part of Good Shepherd Sunday and World Day of Vocations on April 21-22, The Most Reverend Michael F. Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth, asks parishioners to generously support our future priests through a Special Collection for the Seminarian Education Fund (SEF). We are blessed to have 26 men studying in seminaries throughout the United States. The Diocese provides formation for each seminarian at an annual average cost of $52,092 for a 9-year period. One hundred percent of the funds raised through the Good Shepherd Sunday Special Collection stay in the Diocese of Fort Worth to help pay for these expenses. Before Easter, all parish business managers were mailed a kit with promotional materials for the collection. It includes posters, a bulletin insert copy master, talking points for priests, General Intercessions, bulletin announcements and other ideas. Please review and distribute these materials as soon as they arrive to make this one of the best supported special collections of the year! For additional information, please contact , 817-945-9441.
Ministry with Gay/Lesbian Catholics
Ministerio para Gays/Lesbianas Catolicos
The Fort Worth Diocesan Ministry with Lesbian and Gay Catholics, their families and friends will hold their monthly meeting of prayer and conversation on Thursday April 26th, at 7 PM at Most Blessed Sacrament Church, 2100 N Davis Drive, Arlington TX 76012 in Classroom #1. Fr. Bob Sieg, OFM, Coordinator of the ministry, encourages those interested to come join us for prayer and sharing. For additional information, contact Fr. Bob Sieg at 817-292-3274 or Ron and Rita Clegg at 817-795-9747.
El Ministerio Diocesano de Fort Worth para Gays, Lesbianas, sus familias y amigos tendrán su reunión de oración y conversación el jueves, 26 de abril a las 7 de la noche en la Iglesia Catolica Most Blessed Sacrament, 2100 N Davis Drive, Arlington TX 76012. Nos reuniremos en salon #1. El padre Bob Sieg, OFM, Coordinador del Ministerio, anima a los interesados a que vengan y se únan a nosotros ipara orar y compartir experiencias. Si necesita más información, póngase en contacto con el padre Bob Sieg en el 817-292-3274, Ron y Rita Clegg en el 817-795-9747.
Save the Date, April 28, 2018
Join us as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Humanae Vitae! The Respect Life Office is sponsoring a conference on Saturday, April 28, 2018. Our presenters will be Most Reverend Bishop Michael F. Olson, STD, and Janet Smith, Ph.D. More details in English or Español! Printable Flyers y Voletas below.
Curso de Evangelización y Catequesis
Instituto San Junipero Serra
El instituto estará ofreciendo un curso de Evangelización y Catequesis por 4 semanas iniciando el 28 de Abril, 2018. El curso explorará la relación entre la Evangelización y la Catequesis a través de una selección de documentos catequéticos de la Iglesia que nos ayudaran a entender la interconexión y complementariedad de las dos en la Misión de la Iglesia.
Stewardship Day of Renewal
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Please join us for the third annual Diocesan Stewardship Day of Renewal at St. Maria Goretti Parish on Saturday, April 28. Everyone is invited - use the attached flyer as a bulletin insert, invite your parish and school staff, ministry leaders and all parishioners. For more information, see the flyer below, visit this link or contact
Worldwide Marriage Encounter
The Diocese’s program to building better marriage is coordinated by Worldwide Marriage Encounter.
Information from Worldwide Marriage Encounter coordinators is available for parishes to inform couples of upcoming Encounter events. Feel free to include this valuable information in your bulletins.
Sanctify Young Adult Retreat
May 11-12, 2018
Young Adult Ministry will be having a retreat titled "Sanctify" on May 11-12, 2018 at Glen Lake Camp & Retreat Center in Glen Rose, Texas. The retreat will explore ways we can sanctify ourselves and the world around us through prayer, healing, and finding our place in the mission of the Church. The cost to attend is $70 and covers presenters, lodging, materials and meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch).
This is a retreat for all Young Adults 18-35.
Evangelization and Catechesis Course
St. Junipero Serra Institute
St. Junipero Serra institute will be offering an Evangelization and Catechesis course for four weeks starting May 7th, 2018. The course will explore the relationship between Evangelization and Catechesis through a selection of catechetical Church documents that will help us understand the interconnections and complementarity of the two in the mission of the Church.
Registration is open now!
Natural Family Planning Training
The Diocese of Fort Worth is hosting a Billings Ovulation Method teacher training from Friday, May 11th through Sunday, May 13th at the University of Dallas in Irving. If you currently use the Billings method and have thought about helping out the diocese by becoming an instructor, please contact or by calling 972-746-5085.
Quo Vadis Discernment Retreat
June 5-7, 2018
We want to welcome all young men considering priesthood to Quo Vadis High School Discernment Retreat. This event will be held at Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House on 600 Shady Shores Rd., Lake Dallas, TX 75065. Parents are invited to join in for Mass and closing on June 7, 2018. Meals and lodging will be provided. Registration begins April 6, 2018 and forms will be available on the Vocations Website. You can also contact the Vocations office at 817-945-9321 or by email at for questions.
Vocations Awareness Program
University of Dallas, Irving, June 8-10, 2018
The Vocation Awareness Program is a weekend of discernment offered for single, Catholic, men and women, between the ages of 18 and 40, who wish to progress towards a religious vocation, such as Priests, Sisters, Consecrated Lay Women, or Brothers. The 2018 weekend activities will be led by the Vocation Directors/Liaisons of the Dallas and Fort Worth Dioceses, supported by a staff of priests, sisters, and other religious. The VAP weekend includes presentations, panel discussions, question and answer sessions, one-on-one personal conferences with diocesan and order Priests, Sisters, Consecrated Lay Women, and Brothers who volunteer to serve as staff. There are no fees, private rooms and meals are furnished, and no one will pressure you or seek commitment. More information regarding the VAP and the Application for weekend is available at www.vapinfo.org. Please find the attached bulletin insert to help promote this event.
For more information please contact the Vocations Office at 817-945-9321 or by email at for questions.
St. Patrick Cathedral, Fort Worth, Saturday, May 19, 2018
With Praise and Thanksgiving to Almighty God, The Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth joyfully announces and invites you to attend the Ordination of Jonathan Michael Demma and Maurice Lawrence Moon to the Sacred Order of Presbyter through the imposition of hands and the invocation of the Holy Spirit by The Most Reverend Michael F. Olson, STD, MA, Bishop of Fort Worth, on Saturday, the nineteenth day of May in the year two thousand and eighteen at ten o’clock in the morning at St. Patrick Cathedral (1206 Throckmorton Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102).
You are cordially invited to a reception immediately following at the St. Patrick Cathedral Pastoral Center.
The Ordination Mass will be livestreamed on the Diocese website. The Mass can be viewed at our website www.fwdioc.org from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
Parish Operating Grants
Subvenciones Operativas de las Parroquias
Fiscal Year 2019
Applications are now being accepted for FY19 Parish Operating Grants, awarded from the Advancement Foundation as part of the Annual Diocesan Appeal (ADA) case for support. These grants are available to rural or needy parishes within the Diocese of Fort Worth.
El Año Fiscal 2019
Se están aceptando solicitudes para las Subvenciones Operativas de las Parroquias para el Año Fiscal 2019 que son concedidas por la Fundación de Avance como parte de la Campaña de Apelación Anual Diocesana. Estas subvenciones están disponibles para las parroquias rurales o las parroquias necesitadas de la Diócesis de Fort Worth.
Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
December 9-16, 2018
You’ve been asking for it! Now it’s time to make your Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, Dec. 9-16, 2018. Explore the roots of your faith. Walk in Jesus’ footsteps. Watch your most cherished beliefs come to life! Visit Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, Cana, the Mount of Olives, Sea of Galilee, Nazareth and much more! Register with a $550 deposit. All-inclusive $3,961 each, double occupancy. Singles are $4,802. Five star hotels. Fully escorted and SAFE! Spaces are limited! First come, first served! Information Session will be on 5/3 at 7 p.m. at The Catholic Center. Visit www.advancementfoundation.org for more information, or contact at 817-945-9440.
Advancing the Mission Newsletter
Welcome to the April edition of the Advancement Foundation’s Advancing the Mission newsletter! This edition is full of information, here’s a quick sampling. Learn more about the Diocesan Travel Program’s next pilgrimage to the Holy Land and our annual Good Shepherd Sunday second collection for seminarian education. Read about making stewardship a part of your giving focus. Finally, see how your support of the Annual Diocesan Appeal is helping Catholic Charities provide valuable services to our neighbors in need.
We hope you enjoy reading this edition and, as always if you see something that you would like more information about please contact any member of the Advancement Foundation Team. May the joy of Easter be with you today and every day.
Advancing the Mission Newsletter (April)
Annual Diocesan Appeal Newsletter
Spotlight on Parish Operating Grants
Peace and blessings during this Easter season! On May 1, parishes throughout the Diocese will apply for $1 million in operating grants. These grants are possible through donations to the Annual Diocesan Appeal. Click here to read the Easter issue of Faith Hope Charity, that includes stories from several of our parishes about the difference these grants are making. The issue also provides an update on progress toward our $3.3 million goal for the Appeal and a listing of the 26 parishes that have met their goals. Less than three months remain in this year’s Annual Diocesan Appeal that not only makes parish grants possible, but also supports our seminarians, deacons, Catholic Charities, Catholic schools, prison ministry, marriage and family life programs and more.
As a reminder, you may contribute to the Annual Diocesan Appeal through payroll deduction and ensure that your parish receives credit. If you are not yet supporting the Appeal through payroll deduction, please use the information on Paycor or contact . You also may give online by clicking here, or text ADA to 91999.
Special Collection Calendar
Revisions to 2018-2019
Throughout the year, parishes throughout the Diocese of Fort Worth take up special collections to support the work of Christ in our Diocese, in the United States and throughout the world. Please give generously when these collections are announced in your parish.
Bulletin Inserts Links
Annual Diocesan Appeal Newsletter: Faith Hope Charity (April)
Advancement Foundation Newsletter: Advancing the Mission Newsletter (April)
St. Junipero Serra Institute: Flyer
Instituto St. Junípero Serra: Volante
Diocesan Firearms and Weapons Policy:
Diocesan Employment Opportunities
Full-Time: View full-time jobs
- Executive Assistant, Diocese of Fort Worth, Catholic Center
- Parish Relations Director, Catholic Charities, Fort Worth
- Principal, St. Therese Catholic School, Pueblo, CO
- Director of Music and Liturgy, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Keller
- Director of Religious Education, Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, Fort Worth
- Coordinator of Jr. High Youth Ministry, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Keller
- Parish Receptionist, St. Andrew Parish, Fort Worth
- Communications & Marketing Manager, Good Shepherd Catholic Community, Colleyville
- Director of Music and Liturgy, St. Jude Parish, Mansfield
- Administrative Assistant, St. John the Apostle Parish, North Richland Hills
- Business Manager, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Fort Worth
- Principal, St. Maria Goretti Catholic School, Arlington
- Principal, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Principal, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Principal, St. Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Principal, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Elementary Classroom Teachers, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Middle School Teachers, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School, Fort Worth
- 1st Grade Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- 4th/5th Language Arts Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Music/Art Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Math/Technology Teacher, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, Holy Family Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Middle School Teachers, Holy Family Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Science Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Dual Language Preschool Teacher, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Mathematics Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- English Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Upper Level Mathematics Teacher/Professor, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Mathematics Teacher, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Founding Catholic High School Teacher, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Fort Worth
- Classroom Teachers, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Music Teacher, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Kindergarten Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Multiple Teaching Opportunities, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- Classroom Teacher: Math, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Classroom Teacher: English Language Artse, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- College Counselor, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Certified Academic Language Therapist, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Director of Development, Cassata High School, Fort Worth
- Director of Development, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Program & Client Relationship Manager, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Ft. Worth
- School Office Manager, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Fort Worth
- Admissions Assistant, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Fort Worth
- Facility Employee, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
Part-Time: View part-time jobs
- Interpreters, Deaf Ministry, Diocese of Fort Worth
- Custodian, Sacred Heart Parish, Breckenridge
- Administrative Assistant, Good Shepherd Parish, Colleyville
- Receptionist & Bulletin Editor, St. Patrick Cathedral, Fort Worth
- Coordinator Of Adult Formation & Continuing Enrichment, St. Jude Parish, Mansfield
- Receptionist, Holy Name of Jesus Parish, Fort Worth
- Preschool Teacher, Saint Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Music Teacher, Our Lady of Victory Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Multiple Teaching Opportunities, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- School Librarian, Saint Andrew Catholic School, Fort Worth
- School Librarian, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Elementary School Nurse, St. Joseph Catholic School, Arlington
- Extended Day Aide, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Extended Care Worker, St. George Catholic School, Fort Worth
- After School Care Worker, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Frisco/Prosper
The Diocesan Electronic Calendar is a listing of major events and activities at the Diocese as well as in parishes and schools. Parishes and schools may submit information that may be of interest to individuals outside of a parish or school for inclusion on the diocesan electronic calendar with a hotlink to details if appropriate.
El Calendario de la Diócesis
El Calendario Electrónico de la Diócesis es una lista de los principales eventos y actividades en la Diócesis, así como en las parroquias y las escuelas. Las parroquias y las escuelas podrán presentar información que pueda ser de interés para las personas fuera de la parroquia o de la escuela para que se pueda incluir en el calendario electrónico de la Diócesis con un enlace directo a la información, si procede.
For any questions or concerns about the e-Bulletin please contact the
Director of Communications, or