March 22, 2018
No E-Bulletin during Holy Week
Next week we will be Celebrating Holy Week and with it being a short work week we will not run the e-Bulletin.
'So it is written that the Christ would suffer and on the third day rise from the dead' — Luke 24:46
Liturgy Adaptations and Restrictions
Please see the memorandum attached concerning the lifting of liturgy adaptations and restrictions due to the flu season.
Nolan Catholic High School
Nolan Catholic High School is hosting volleyball clinics for girls at all performance levels. Grades 4 through 7. Please see the flyer for more details. Please email , Diocesan Director of Athletics, with any questions or call 817-945-9375.
Pontifical Good Friday
Holy Land Special Collection, March 30
On Good Friday, parishes throughout the Diocese will take up a special collection to not only support the Holy Places in The Holy Land, but also for the pastoral, charitable, educational and social works which the Church supports in the Holy Land for the welfare of its Christian brethren and of the local communities. Support the collection in your parish on Good Friday, March 30, or Text HOLYLAND to 91999.
Annual Good Friday Rosary Vigil
Friday, March 30, 2018
This Good Friday, join Bishop Olson in prayer at the 34th Annual Bishop’s Good Friday Rosary Vigil for Life from 12:30pm to 2:00pm at 6464 John Ryan Road, Fort Worth (In front of Planned Parenthood). For more information, email or call 817-738-1086.
Hike for Life
Aledo, Saturday, April 7, 2018
Join us at the Hike - It is Texas' oldest Pro Life event - we have been here since Roe v Wade, and we will be here until it goes away. It will be held at the Aledo Middle School (track). Come and make a difference! To register and for additional information click here.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
Call to Prayer: April 13
April is national child abuse prevention month. Creating a safe environment for children and youth is a priority for Bishop Olson. He strongly encourages every parish, school, and apostolate to participate in highlighting the importance of protecting minors and reaching out to those who have been victims of sexual abuse.
Join the dioceses and eparchies across the United States in dedicating Friday, April 13th to prayer and sacrifice for the intention: "We pray that God may grant those affected by abuse in any way the courage to tell their story and seek healing."
Please participate with us throughout the month of April to highlight the diocese’s commitment to ensuring the safety of children and young people and providing pastoral outreach to victims and survivors of abuse. Click here to find all resources and additional suggestions.
The Seminarian Education Fund
Good Shepherd Sunday Collection, April 21-22, 2018
As part of Good Shepherd Sunday and World Day of Vocations on April 21-22, The Most Reverend Michael F. Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth, asks parishioners to generously support our future priests through a Special Collection for the Seminarian Education Fund (SEF). We are blessed to have 26 men studying in seminaries throughout the United States. The Diocese provides formation for each seminarian at an annual average cost of $52,092 for a 9-year period. One hundred percent of the funds raised through the Good Shepherd Sunday Special Collection stay in the Diocese of Fort Worth to help pay for these expenses. This week, all parishes will receive a kit with promotional materials for the collection, including posters, a bulletin insert copy master, General Intercessions, bulletin announcements and other ideas. Please review and distribute these materials as soon as they arrive to make this one of the best supported special collections of the year! For additional information, please contact , 817-945-9441.
Save the Date, April 28, 2018
Join us as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Humanae Vitae! The Respect Life Office is sponsoring a conference on Saturday, April 28, 2018. Our presenters will be Most Reverend Bishop Michael F. Olson, STD, and Janet Smith, Ph.D. More details in English or Español! Printable Flyers y Voletas below.
Stewardship Day of Renewal
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Please join us for the third annual Diocesan Stewardship Day of Renewal at St. Maria Goretti Parish on Saturday, April 28. Everyone is invited - use the attached flyer as a bulletin insert, invite your parish and school staff, ministry leaders and all parishioners. Please see the attached flyer for more information or contact
Worldwide Marriage Encounter
The Diocese’s program to building better marriage is coordinated by Worldwide Marriage Encounter.
Information from Worldwide Marriage Encounter coordinators is available for parishes to inform couples of upcoming Encounter events. Feel free to include this valuable information in your bulletins.
Natural Family Planning Training
The Diocese of Fort Worth is hosting a Billings Ovulation Method teacher training from Friday, May 11th through Sunday, May 13th at the University of Dallas in Irving. If you currently use the Billings method and have thought about helping out the diocese by becoming an instructor, please contact or by calling 972-746-5085.
Parish Operating Grants
Subvenciones Operativas de las Parroquias
Fiscal Year 2019
Applications are now being accepted for FY19 Parish Operating Grants, awarded from the Advancement Foundation as part of the Annual Diocesan Appeal (ADA) case for support. These grants are available to rural or needy parishes within the Diocese of Fort Worth.
El Año Fiscal 2019
Se están aceptando solicitudes para las Subvenciones Operativas de las Parroquias para el Año Fiscal 2019 que son concedidas por la Fundación de Avance como parte de la Campaña de Apelación Anual Diocesana. Estas subvenciones están disponibles para las parroquias rurales o las parroquias necesitadas de la Diócesis de Fort Worth.
Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
December 9-16, 2018
You’ve been asking for it! Now it’s time to make your Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, Dec. 9-16, 2018. Explore the roots of your faith. Walk in Jesus’ footsteps. Watch your most cherished beliefs come to life! Visit Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, Cana, the Mount of Olives, Sea of Galilee, Nazareth and much more! Register with a $550 deposit. All-inclusive $3,961 each, double occupancy. Singles are $4,802. Five star hotels. Fully escorted and SAFE! Spaces are limited! First come, first served! Information Sessions 3/27 and 5/3 at 7 p.m. at The Catholic Center. Visit www.advancementfoundation.org for more information, or contact at 817-945-9440.
Advancing the Mission Newsletter
The March edition of the Advancement Foundation’s Advancing the Mission newsletter is ready for your enjoyment. Included is information about two travel opportunities for your consideration, our upcoming Planned Giving events and an exciting project supported with funds from the Catholic Campaign for Human Development.
We hope you enjoy reading this edition, as always the Advancement Foundation Team is here to assist you. Please feel free to contact any member of the team for more information.
Advancing the Mission Newsletter (March)
Annual Diocesan Appeal Newsletter
Celebrating 50 Years of the Permanent Diaconate
Thanks to each of you who support the Annual Diocesan Appeal through your financial contributions and your prayers. Click here to read the March issue of Faith Hope Charity, to learn how the Appeal supports the 86 ordained deacons, 27 candidates and 16 aspirants. Did you know that 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the of the restoration of the Permanent Diaconate in the United States? This issue also contains a link to a video featuring one of the men currently in formation and news about how we are progressing toward our $3.3 million goal. For questions please contact .
Special Collection Calendar
Revisions to 2018-2019
Throughout the year, parishes throughout the Diocese of Fort Worth take up special collections to support the work of Christ in our Diocese, in the United States and throughout the world. Please give generously when these collections are announced in your parish.
Bulletin Inserts Links
Diocesan Firearms and Weapons Policy:
Diocesan Employment Opportunities
Full-Time: View full-time jobs
- Dual Language Preschool Teacher, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Mathematics Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- English Classroom Teacher, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- College Counselor, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Upper Level Mathematics Teacher/Professor, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Mathematics Teacher, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Principal, Cassata Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Principal, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Prosper
- Principal, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Parish Receptionist, St. Andrew Parish, Fort Worth
- Communications & Marketing Manager, Good Shepherd Catholic Community, Colleyville
- Principal, St. Therese Catholic School, Pueblo, CO
- Founding Catholic High School Teacher, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Fort Worth
- School Office Manager, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Fort Worth
- Director of Music and Liturgy, St. Jude Parish, Mansfield
- Administrative Assistant, St. John the Apostle Parish, North Richland Hills
- Executive Assistant, Diocese of Fort Worth, Catholic Center
- Parish Relations Director, Catholic Charities, Fort Worth
- Database Manager, Good Shepherd Parish, Colleyville
- Classroom Teachers, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Music Teacher, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Kindergarten Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Facility Employee, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Multiple Teaching Opportunities, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- Business Manager, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Fort Worth
- Director of Development, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Grapevine
- Classroom Teacher: Math, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Classroom Teacher: English Language Artse, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Elementary Classroom Teacher, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Program & Client Relationship Manager, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Ft. Worth
- Assistant Principal, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- Admissions Assistant, Cristo Rey High School at Our Mother of Mercy, Fort Worth
- Certified Academic Language Therapist, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Director of Development, Cassata High School, Fort Worth
Part-Time: View part-time jobs
- School Librarian, All Saints Catholic School, Fort Worth
- Secretary / Receptionist, St. Bartholomew Catholic Church , Fort Worth
- Receptionist & Bulletin Editor, St. Patrick Cathedral, Fort Worth
- Coordinator Of Adult Formation & Continuing Enrichment, St. Jude Parish, Mansfield
- Receptionist, Holy Name of Jesus Parish, Fort Worth
- Multiple Teaching Opportunities, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls
- Elementary School Nurse, St. Joseph Catholic School, Arlington
- Liturgical Musician, St. Mary of the Assumption Parish, Fort Worth
- Extended Day Aide, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Keller
- Extended Care Worker, St. George School, Fort Worth
- After School Care Worker, St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Frisco/Prosper
- Bus Driver, Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth
- Deaf Ministry Interpreters Needed, Diocese of Fort Worth
The Diocesan Electronic Calendar is a listing of major events and activities at the Diocese as well as in parishes and schools. Parishes and schools may submit information that may be of interest to individuals outside of a parish or school for inclusion on the diocesan electronic calendar with a hotlink to details if appropriate.
El Calendario de la Diócesis
El Calendario Electrónico de la Diócesis es una lista de los principales eventos y actividades en la Diócesis, así como en las parroquias y las escuelas. Las parroquias y las escuelas podrán presentar información que pueda ser de interés para las personas fuera de la parroquia o de la escuela para que se pueda incluir en el calendario electrónico de la Diócesis con un enlace directo a la información, si procede.
For any questions or concerns about the e-Bulletin please contact the
Director of Communications, or